FA refuse to disclose which version of events Gareth Southgate regarding break in at Sterling’s home

- Advertisement -

FA refuses to reveal what version of events Gareth Southgate was given over the break-in at Raheem Sterling’s home, with Surrey police denying the England star’s spokesman’s claim that his family were at home and that the intruders were armed

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

<!–

The Football Association has declined to reveal what version of events Gareth Southgate was given after the break-in that saw Raheem Sterling leave England’s World Cup squad.

Sterling departed Doha on Sunday, missing out on the Three Lions’ victory over Senegal. A spokesman for the player said his finacee and children were at their Surrey mansion when armed intruders entered, adding that the Chelsea striker was left shaken and concerned for their well-being.

But Surrey Police, amid concerns from residents and players, came on Monday to clarify the situation, stating that the family were not present and had discovered watches and jewelery missing after returning from Qatar on Saturday evening.

Police added that there were no reports of armed intruders and no injuries, and said investigations were ongoing to determine when the theft had taken place.

Following England’s 3-0 win, Southgate said he spoke at length with the 27-year-old before others arranged his return to London.

But no further details have emerged and when asked what version of events – that of Sterling’s camp or the police – the England manager had been given, the FA declined to comment. The FA said at the time that Sterling had left for “family reasons”.

The Football Association has declined to reveal what version of events Gareth Southgate has been given about the break-in

The Football Association has declined to reveal what version of events Gareth Southgate has been given about the break-in

The door remains open for the return of Sterling, who was a star player during England’s run to the European Championship final last year. He reportedly spent all day thinking about next steps after talks with police.

Should he decide to fly back, it is unlikely that he will start the quarter-final with France on Saturday. Sterling was in the lineup for the opener with Iran and the second group game against the United States. However, after his substitution against America, he was not used in the 3-0 win over Wales and would not have started in the last 16 games with Senegal.

England star Raheem Sterling flew home from the World Cup in Qatar after burglars raided his £6million mansion in Surrey on Saturday night - meaning he missed out on victory in Senegal

England star Raheem Sterling flew home from the World Cup in Qatar after burglars raided his £6million mansion in Surrey on Saturday night - meaning he missed out on victory in Senegal

England star Raheem Sterling flew home from the World Cup in Qatar after burglars raided his £6million mansion in Surrey on Saturday night – meaning he missed out on victory in Senegal

Meanwhile, the FA issued a statement after it emerged that David Beckham had made a private visit to their training camp on November 23. £150 million, 10-year contract.

The move sparked outrage from many, including within the LGBTQ+ community, given the country’s ban on homosexuality. The visit took place on November 23 and had only been made public during a YouTube interview with current captain Harry Kane on England’s official channel on Monday.

The FA, posting a photo of Beckham’s visit yesterday, said: “As the third most capped player for England men’s and having played in three World Cups, David Beckham was invited to train to share his experience playing at the highest level for his country. . The players benefited from hearing his thoughts and enjoyed the informal visit.’

Sterling (pictured right) with girlfriend Paige Milian (center) and his three children

Sterling (pictured right) with girlfriend Paige Milian (center) and his three children

Sterling (pictured right) with girlfriend Paige Milian (center) and his three children